Monday, October 6, 2014

A truly good word...

I get these fantastic devotions every Monday called "The Redemptive Pursuit".  There is one writer in particular that always has such insightful, penetrating messages.  I just read her devotion for this week and the following line just struck me, particularly in the midst of all my NOT being in peace about life and with my God:

"We should run the risk of seeming madness in our trials with the power of our belief in him."

Man - that is what I've been lacking.  Just a sure steadfastness in God's faithfulness and love for me and Jonathan.  An assuredness that He will not forsake us and that He is able, even when I fall off course, to set me right again.  He is sovereign and capable - I am not.

The whole devotion can be read here:  The Variables of Success






No comments:

Post a Comment