Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Okay...

So, all went great at the mairie yesterday!  Yay!  I wish I had my phone so I could take a shot of the inscription letter that the lovely woman that I had been working with that I finally got again gave me.  It took all of 15 minutes to process it.  

With that in hand, it was lunch-time, which here in Paris for the schools, is a two hour break, so Jonathan and I headed back to the two parks that we saw on our canal walk Monday.  Turns out the mairie is actually very close to that area, so we just walked from there.  It was nice. Jonathan had fun with a little girl at one of the parks.  And then at the second park, he ran silly with some Hasidic Jewish boys who were having playtime during there afternoon break.  A park full of 6-8 year old boys is absolutely insane. Jonathan jumped right in, though.  I'm just amazed at how he has no fear of the unknown - unlike his mommy:-).

We then had lunch at this place called Belushi's.  It's an American-Style restaruant located throughout Europe.  It has a hostel type inn associated with it (or next door) called St. Christopher's Inn.  So, I heard a lot of English speaking in the restaurant. And we had a lovely German waitress who was entralled when I told her she barely had an accent.  When I told her I was from NJ, she really though that was a great compliment.  She blessed us with a 25% discount on our bill and also brought Jonathan a free bowl of frites!

After that, we headed to the Orange store (an internet/phone provider here in France) and finally ordered wifi,, cable and home phone service.  However, they won't install it until 10/13.  Egags!  I was hoping to have a phone to use in the apartment by at least the end of the week.  Oh well.  I just hope and pray that my sweet neighbor does not block me from using his wi-fi before the 13th so that I can at least continue to email folks from home (and update this blog:->).

Then, finally, we got to the school.  I suppose I delayed it a bit cause I was nervous that something would go wrong. And it sorta did: The Director was not available.  However, we got amazing help from a young woman named Lucy, who was real funny and did her best to help me with the little English that she could speak, and also a lovely woman named Louise - the same woman that shooed me and Jonathan away a couple of weeks ago when we tried to check out his class while they were having recess.  She's actually quite sweet.

They arranged for me to meet with the Director this morning and it looks like, from what i could understand, that Jonathan will start tomorrow (Thursday).

So, that's all the great of another day that I believe is all part of God's will and plan - His working all things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose - EVEN when possibly the reason we are where we are wasn't totally how and why He would have gotten us there.

I'm saying that cause, I'm still in a stuck place about Jonathan's care on Saturdays and how I'm gonna negotiate picking him up at the after school program on my Thursday and Friday classes (and sometimes Mon, Tues and Wednesday classes - that happens two times: In December & Feb).

I had sent Laetitia an updated message on Monday about meeting with Sandrine and requested that she relay my email address to Sandrine and send me Sandrine's email, so that we can communicate that way (since I'm without a phone).  I haven't heard back from Laetitia.  I'm about to send her another email after this blog post.  I was supposed to meet Sandrine today to go by her place to check it out before giving a final yes to her watching Jonathan.  Maybe I'm not supposed to. Maybe knowing how anal I am or picky in general, the Lord doesn't want me to see it before Friday evening and we're just gonna reconnect literally that day to do the first overnight.  I don't know. I'd much rather that not be the case though.  This is my child - and yes, God is His true Father and caretaker - I'm just a stand-in, but I would much rather this situation have worked out a bit more seamless for Jonathan's sake.

And then the whole getting out of orientation issue.  I emailed the student coordinator, Justin, who then relayed that to the gentleman who administrates much of the coursework for the program.  He said that Matthew would get back to me.  He hasn't yet.  I'm sure he was real busy getting things together for the orientation and the first class (plus the other cohorts that are in session at this time across other campuses and programs).   A part of me was like:  They are getting tired of you and your excuses and your issues, Kim!!  I'm getting tired of them, too.  I think if I could be a bit more tight and disciplined about the order of my days, things would have turned out better. But that's just me again trying to control the universe.  Hate to curse here, but it's apropos: Shit happens. And a lot of shit has happened to us - some due to my own ineptitude - and some to just - well, just.

In any case, I'm not gonna be able to attend orientation.  And I forgot that there's this form that I need to bring to the orientation, related to my student visa and being able to be here on said visa, which Justin said would be processed today (or something about showing us what we'll need to do with it).  It's called OSCII and it'll require a special appointment with the State and a medical exam - possibly.  I'm not sure if ISM is part of the section of schools where some of the requirements are waived.  I'm hoping so - but also, if so, me missing orientation sort of messes up finding that out today.  However, I'll eventually find out -- I think.

I think.  I'm just not sure about this MBA program anymore. I'm not sure I even want to do it anymore.  Or that I should have applied at all.  I feel surely that the Lord opened the doors for us to get to Paris, but was it for the MBA program?

If so, I really need the two issues with Saturday care and Jonathan's pick-ups after school to be supernaturally and powerfully resolved by God for me to continue and not cancel enrollment.

Let's see how re-connecting with Laetitia and Sandrine goes - or - possibly, the discussion with the Director this morning will provide an alternate route.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment